? ??????????????Proud Mom Of A Baby Girl? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.7 (3 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 515 Total Gr
abs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Baby Girl? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (26 Ratings)??0 Grabs Today. 3777 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Patyn's Story

Wow! Hard to believe that my baby girl is going to be one month old tomorrow. She's growing so fast and I'm not sure I like that. I was lucky to have so much time off of work and it's quickly getting close for me to go back. It won't be hard leaving her because I know she will be in good hands but I just don't want to go back. I love my job but I'd much rather be a stay at home mom.


I thought I would share Patyn's birth story with you....


Sunday December 20th we went into the hospital at 1 am to be induced. My doctor was on call that day so that's why we went in. We get up to the family birth center and get put in a room and wait and wait for the nurse to come in. Finally she comes in and gets me all checked in. We call my parents in from the waiting room and start the long wait for Patyn. They started me on Pit. at about 3am. I didn't really feel any of the contractions and I was just trying to rest. At shift change my new nurse asked me if I wanted to have an epidural and I said yes please with out skipping a beat. She said that the guy was already on the floor and she would put me on the list to get mine started. About an hour or so later he became my best friend. Since I hadn't been on the Pit. that long I never had to feel the strong contractions and the best part is I didn't have to feel my doctor stretch my cervex. She did it once before the epidural and that was bad but she came back after and really worked her magic. I got a little more sleep after the epidural and just waited to dialate. I was at a five for the longest time. Then at about 6 pm I told the nurse I felt some pressure and she checked me and said I was at an 8 to 9. Ryan had gone out of the room so I had my mom call him to come back. At about 6:15 I started shaking like crazy and the pressure was becoming more and more intense. Ryan and I had already decided that it would be just us in the room when it came time to deliver, so we kicked everybody out and things started happening. My doctor was in the OR doing a C-section and so my nurse checked me and I was at a 10. On a side note....my nurse Laura was the best. She really was good at what she did. At about 7 minutese till seven I started pushing or at least they said I was. I still couldn't feel a thing. After pushing for a while Dr. Farooqi came in and helped me push for a while. We tried the holding a towel thing and holding my legs. I was pushing for what seemed like forever and I soon realized that my doctor was gone. Ryan said she was gone for like 20 or more minutes. He even saw her at the nurse's station chatting. It's weird how they know how long it's going to be. Finally she came back and we really started getting after it. She was having me hold her hand and pull. Turns out Patyn was still on my right side and her face was turned a little so after they straightned her out it didn't take too long. After more than an hour of pushing our precious baby was here. They laid her on me and started cleaning her off. She wasn't really crying. She was making a noise that was kinda like a grunt. So they took her to the crib thing to clean her more and do some sucktion in her nose and mouth. They still couldn't get her to really cry so they called NICU in and had them look at her. They told us that she probably just had some stuff still in her and that she would be in NICU for 3 days. That was the last we saw of her for about 4 hours. My parents and Ryan's came in after they had me all cleaned up and they moved me to the recovery floor. We were told that we would go to NICU in about 2 hours and we would get to hold her and everything. Well that wasn't true. We didn't see her till about midnight and she was on a c-pap machine and all kinds of wires. That was when we were told that she would be there a min. of 7 days. We were heart broken. We were looking forward to having her home for Christmas and then they tell us it would be at least a week. They didn't even really want us touching her because they didn't want to stress her out. Ryan and I stayed in the NICU for a while and then let our parents go in and see her.


Each day Patyn was in the NICU she got better. Turns out she had a little bit of pnuemonia and had three spots on her lungs that weren't staying open so that's why she was on oxygen. Everyday they lowered the oxygen level and she finally got to eat breastmilk at 2 days. We were able to give her her first bath and bottle. On Friday night I got to breast feed her and that was the best experience ever. No problems with it either.


Ryan was so good with Patyn. I had to beg him to come to the room and get some sleep. He would stay in the NICU for hours just watching her. We were there for most of her hands on times which were every three hours. We were even there at 8 in the morning after the big snow storm. It took us 45 minutes to get there but we wanted to spend as much time as we could with her.


On that Friday night the nurse asked us if we really wanted to room in with her before we got to go home. We were told that we had too but he said that the doctors noticed how comfortable we were around her that they didn't think we needed to stay. We were so happy and excited to hear that we would be able to take her home Sunday afternoon. So Sunday came and we were at the hospital at 8 in the morning and we watched the manditory CPR video. The doctor even came to check her over before the rounds so that we didn't have to wait on her. Around 12:30 we were leaving the hospital with our baby.


And now it's been a month and we are so blessed with this sweet baby girl...

0 comments: